Working with U.S. manufacturers to accelerate business growth is MTS’s most critical role now and into the future. MTS is doing this by providing a framework that makes possible manufacturers’ pursuit of new product development, market expansion and diversification, and increased sales and profitability.
Is your company interested in developing a new product but lacks the technology needed to complete it? Do you have product or process problems that could be made easier with the right technology solution? Would you like to find out if these technology solutions exist, but don’t know where to look?
Technology Scouting is a service that uses a systematic approach to help manufacturing clients find existing technology solutions for their unmet company needs. Technology Scouting helps small and mid-sized manufacturers identify solutions in industries outside of their normal view—bringing a broader perspective, additional resources, new fields, and unexpected solutions.
Unlike traditional, “push-” based technology transfer, “pull-” based Technology Scouting goes beyond normal channels to provide a far-reaching perspective of existing solutions to solve technology problems.
Using a proven methodology that includes expert interviews and desk research, Technology Scouting:
- Searches proactively for solutions using specific criteria that are tailored to your company’s unique needs
- Focuses on the ability to find non-obvious solutions to difficult technology problems facing small and mid-sized manufacturers
- Brings new insight and awareness from outside core industries and experts in related fields
- Explores areas not easily accessed directly, including government laboratories, universities and private sector sources.
With this rigorous, systematic approach, Technology Scouting taps into existing, but unknown, sources of information to find solutions that can save your company time, money, and frustration.
Technology Driven Market Intelligence
Technology-Driven Market Intelligence (TDMI) is a new growth service that provides a systematic and comprehensive approach to technology-focused market intelligence. Specifically, TDMI identifies the benefits and the market impacts related to your company’s technology-based asset (e.g., idea, product, process, capability) and provides the customized actionable intelligence you need.
Unlike traditional market research, TDMI directly considers the technical and market viability of your asset and characterizes the associated opportunities and barriers. Through a structured process of desk research and expert interviews, TDMI can provide intelligence such as the following:
- Identifying and characterizing the markets, trends, value chains, competition, and companies of most interest and relevance to your company
- Detailing prevailing technical performance and user requirements, and assessing how well your asset meets or could meet those requirements
- Describing your best options for moving forward with development, partnering, and market entry
- Filling in other key knowledge gaps your company may have surrounding regulatory, intellectual property, or competitive issues.
This combined market and technical opportunity assessment provides the intelligence you need to make accurate and confident decisions for new technology-driven products and markets.